Whether you are cooking at home or dining at a restaurant in Lagos, Nigeria, learning how to eat smart is essential for those who want to live a long, healthy life. The Vineyard Restaurant is a great place to visit for those looking for where to go in Lagos Nigeria to grab a delicious meal. Here are some simple methods to help you eat smart.
One of the biggest mistakes people make is consuming too much fatty food and cooking with fatty ingredients. A delicious meal can still be achieved by substituting fattier ingredient with their healthier counterpart. Reducing the cholesterol and fat intake can be done by:
• Choosing ingredients packed in water rather than oil
• Cutting down the amount of oil used during cooking
• Cutting off visible fat from meat
Many diners overeat without meaning to. A part of eating smart is knowing how many calories you have ingested however, we are not suggesting counting calories. You can reduce your calorie intake by doing the following:
• Drink some water before you begin to eat. Drinking water before meals helps provide a sense of being full so you are more likely to eat less.
• Don’t overeat. Eat in moderation and only eat when you are hungry. Make sure to check calorie content and serving size
• Eat more fruits and vegetables. They are packed with nutrients but most fruits and vegetables have a low calorie count.
For those of us with a sweet tooth the prospect of reducing sugar can be a bit daunting but it is quite doable. There are many reasons to avoid foods with high sugar content and diabetes is on the top of the list.
• Added sugar such as high fructose corn syrup and sucrose contain empty calories that provide no nutritional value and helps damage your teeth.
• Use less sugar when cooking or baking or substitute sugar with natural sweeteners like honey.
• Most fruits are naturally sweet so grab a fruit next time you have a craving for something sweet.
Salt makes almost everything taste good but too much salt is very bad for the body. Too much salt can lead to high blood pressure, bloating, and heart disease.
• Reduce the amount of salt used while cooking
• Taste foods before adding salt or condiments.
• Check food labels and avoid foods with high sodium content
- Event Venue in Lagos
- Things to Do in Lagos
- Date night - Where to go in Lagos, Nigeria
- Stress Relief - Things to do in Lagos Nigeria
- Staying Fit - Things to do in Nigeria
- 5 Things to Do in Lagos, Nigeria
- Benefits of Fruits
- Price Vs Accommodation
- Things to do in Lagos Nigeria
- Hotels in Lagos Nigeria
- Tips on Travelling Safely - Things to do in Lagos, Nigeria
- 5 Ways to Stay Healthy - Things to do in Lagos Nigeria